Saturday, January 23, 2010

BREAKFAST FOR YOUR HAIR



Todays fix is for your dry hair. I've been noticing lately that its so hard to brush my hair after I get out of the shower! (Might have something to do with not getting a haircut on a regular basis) I whipped up a egg yolk and oil mixture:

2 Egg yolks
1 Tbsp olive oil

I got in the shower and wet my hair, applied the mixture and let it sit for about 5 mins while I used my body scrub, brushed my teeth, shaved my legs (you know... usual shower stuff) I rinsed the mixture out and shampooed my hair (twice) and then put conditioner in my hair. I always leave my conditioner in for 1 or two minutes before I wash it out so it has time to penetrate the hair. I find this has a better effect than washing it out immediatly. And I always give my hair a shot of cold water before I get out of the shower for help with that extra shine! (just make sure its your head under the stream of water or you're in for a rather nasty surprise)

After I towel dryed my hair I found that the brush ran through it rather easily!! YAY!! Once I blow dryed it, I found that it had an incredible sheen! It was a total boost for my dull locks! I'm going to add this one once a week to my beauty routine! Its definatly a keeper!

If you try this, make sure to keep the egg whites, because tomorrows tip is going to utilize them! Waste not want not!

No comments: