Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tropical Body Scrub



So a couple of you have asked for the recipes for the things I make. I made a body scrub yesterday and it was absolutely YUMMY!

Here is the Recipe:

50 ml of coconut oil (melted)
80 ml grapeseed oil
50 ml sweet almond oil
20 drops vanilla essential oil
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Cup salt

Melt the coconut oil in the microwave, add the other oils, and vanilla oil. Blend with a stick blender and put aside to cool. In a bowl mix your sugars and salt together. Gradually add the oil, mixing after each addition until you have a nice texture and all the oil is soaked into the sugars. Transfer to a container, and place in your shower!

This smelled like fresh baking while I was putting it on! The sad thing was, is I did my legs twice because it smelt so good! I even used it on my face! Now if you're going to use it on your face as well, make sure you don't scrub it as hard as you would your legs! The skin on the face is more delicate, so scrub with care (and enjoy the silky smooth feeling after!!)

Happy Showering!

No comments: