Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rosy isn't just for your cheeks anymore!

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm super excited about this blog post because I love how my eyes turned out!!

This might be a blog with tons of pictures! I think I took about 126 pictures while doing all this stuff! Some obviously looked a little goofy, so they didn't make the cut!

Now the first thing you need to know when applying eyeshadow is to make sure you use a primer on the base so that you have a good foundation! I use Manual Override silicone primer. (Jay Manuel off of Americas Next top Model, and Canadas...is the maker behind this product) It helps even out those fine lines, and gives you a smoother look overall!

After applying my primer, I let it dry, and brushed on Gosh Effect Powder in "Pineapple" I applied it to my brow bone, and all over my lid making it my highlighter! Next I brushed on Piurre Effects Mineral Eye Shadow #310 on my lid. I stopped at the crease, and made sure that I blended the two well! Next I brushed on Gosh Effect Powder in "Rosewood" in the creases. Now the trick to getting perfect eyeshadow is to blend well. The best eyes look like the colors just melt into each other! I think I did good picking with these three colors!


Next step is Mascara. The foundation for some look at me eyelashes is to use an eyelash curler beforehand! I bought a new one on days off from www.sallybeauty.com. (I actually went to the store and was buying hair dye, but that is for another post, and found out they have all kinds of great products for a reasonable price!) I used Rimmel GLAM'EYES Mascara 003 Extreme Black, let it dry, and then did another coat of mascara using Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express in Glam Black.


I figured this was a good day look! Not too overdone! Now to glam it up a little bit I put on some Liquid eyeliner! I just started using the stuff, and I have to say, I'm rather impressed with the results! I used Almay liquid liner in Black. Once I had applied it I let it dry for a few mins and then used a brush to smudge it in so it didn't look so harsh! I was completely thrilled with the results! This look was simple, and I pulled it off in about 20 mins!

Now I didn't want anything too drastic for my lips, so I applied Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm with SPF 10. I always forget how pink this stuff makes my lips go! I actually really like the color and can't wait till summer when I have a tan! I think this is going to be the one thing I can't live without!


Oh... And I got new Glasses! I personally love them! They make my outfits feel that much more fun!

No comments: