Wednesday, June 30, 2010

SUMMER BODY

This morning I was thinking I needed to figure something out for a post, so I decided to make a body scrub... This time I actually wrote down exactly what I used, so I can repeat it if it was a winner!

This is the Recipe so you guys can make it at home, or... you can win your very own by guessing how many tubes of mascara I currently have in my makeup bag!  To win it you must be a follower of my blog, and guess the correct amount.  You are allowed one entry.  Two entry's if you re-post this on your blog!  This contest ends July 7th!  Make sure you leave a place I can get ahold of you to let you know your the winner!!

1/8 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Handful Dead Sea Salts
1/8 Cup Golden Jojoba Oil
1 Tbsp Apricot Kernel Oil
1 Tbsp Rose Hydrosol
1/4 Tsp Aloe Extract
1/4 Fragrance Oil (I used Vanilla Hazelnut)
1/4 Tsp Silk Powder

Now I used a bit of white sugar because it gives it a little grit, brown sugar because it smells good, and is a more gentle exfolliant.  The dead sea salts are full of minerals which are good for the body.  Jojoba oil is good for anti-aging and for moisturizing the skin.  Apricot Kernel Oil is gentle on the skin and is often found in baby products because of this.  It also penetrates the skin without leaving a greasy feeling.  Rose Hydrosol is responsible for stimulating the skin and increasing blood flow.  It is also good for tightening pores, but it is warned against using on sensitive skin.  Another perk of this product is that it helps fight against acne!   Aloe Extract can be used to soothe and help heal skin that is irritated, cut or bruised. It is also used as a moisturizer.  Silk powder is used to give your skin that silky feeling.  It also radiates and reflects UV rays, acting as a natural sunscreen, while giving your skin a boost of amino acids.

I loved the smell of this!  It reminded me of a bakery first thing in the morning!  How could you go wrong?!?!  I'm curious to change up the scents a little bit and use something a bit more energizing!

The texture of this reminded me of a caramel sauce!  It didn't have a harsh scrub to it.  It was a mild scrub that didn't go on greasy!  I love it!  One of my favorites yet!

I followed up the shower with some homemade lotion... I named it "The Single Girls Night Cream".  Yes, I realize you probably think that its a lame name for a lotion, but there is obviously a story behind this!  I made this lotion up and it stunk!  It was probably one of the most NASTY smelling things I've ever experienced, (might have something to do with my dislike for the smell of lemongrass) but it worked amazing!  I figured that you'd have to be single and sleeping alone to use this stuff, because if you were married... you might not be for long!  Anyways, I'll get into that another day!  All I can say is my skin is feeling soft and supple and a little bit radiant!  GO ME!

2 comments:

nicoletta said...

Sounds gorgeous i love sweet and sugary smells.
I'm guessing 6 mascaras
nicolettarocchiccioli@yahoo.co.uk

Bec said...

Hi,

This sounds amazing. I am going to guess 7 mascaras, cause thats what I have in mine.

Bec