Saturday, July 24, 2010

MY EGO IS HAVING SATELLITE DREAMS....

So finally a Makeup Post!! YAY!  I was all excited to get ready today because I have a bunch of new makeup to try out! I had ordered a bunch of things from Sephora (first time ever), and I'm pretty much addicted!  No more drugstore makeup for this girly!

 I started by using MAYBELLINE'S Corrector Concealer Cover Stick.  Its a must have in your makeup kit.  It completely covers any red marks and it glides on your skin super smoothly!  Next I brushed on SEPHORA'S Buildable Cover in Medium.  This just helps further reduce any red marks and gives you a good base for foundation.  It goes on super velvety too and doesn't cake like I thought a powdery concealer would.  Next I applied MAYBELLINE'S Super Stay Makeup in True Beige.  My skin was looking pretty good today, so I didn't need to use much.  Just enough so that my skin looked nice and even.  After Foundation I applied BARE ESCENTUALS Mineral Veil just under my eyes, and it brightened them up immediately!  I love this stuff!! If you don't have it, go get it!  I brushed on some blush (like a mix of 4 different kinds) and that was pretty much it for my face.

For my eyes I started by using NARS Primer, then I applied MAC Ego Eyeshadow (Pink) to the lids, and swept MAC Satellite Dreams on the outer eye (and a little underneath to line the lower lashes), and blended.  I used a Neutral for under the brow bone from my Sephora Compact thing I bought (stay tuned for another post on that one!)  And applied about 50 coats of mascara.  My favorite right now is LashBlast by COVERGIRL.  The thing I love about it is, once you curl your eyelashes and apply mascara, they stay curled, where most just make my eyelashes stick straight out (FRUSTRATING!!), instead of staying curled.  Make sure you get the waterproof one though, the regular one doesn't work as well.  The only downside is its a BIT*H to wash off!  I lined my lashes with ALMAY Liquid Liner, and obviously I was a bit shaky today, but whatever... Nobody should be that close in my face to even notice!

Finally for my lips I just used a neutral lip gloss, because I didn't want to come across as looking like a clown.  This is already kind of a bright look for me, so I figured I'd just stick to having one feature that was a little insane.  I actually just got a compliment from a boy who said they look sexy, so I'm going to take this as a good thing (the only thing is... he's over 60, so I don't know if I should trust his judgement)...  who knows!

3 comments:

nicoletta said...

Looks lovely on you x

Unknown said...

very pretty and vibrant. i think the colour looks lovely with your skintone!

Unknown said...

You eyes look sooo pretty..I need more lessons on eyeshadow..