Thursday, August 5, 2010

Who beat me?

The only thing I can think of that is a close color to my eyeshadow today is a bruise... or now that I think about it a littler harder, oil?  You know how oil gets in the sunlight, it has a bunch of swirled colors (just obviously not as dark)?  Maybe I just sniffed a bit too much cleaner this morning while mopping my floors!  I'll be back to normal in a couple hours (I think).

I started out by priming my eyelids with NARS primer.  Next I swept on the purple color over my entire eyelid, and then eventually I added this green sparkly color to the outer eyes and blended.  I got it out of my 360 Deluxe Pallet from Sephora.  I dusted a little gold on the brow bone and then blended with my fake MAC brushes.  This is how it turned out.  Not my favorite, but it still works.

The one thing I'm learning is that you have to change your makeup depending on your hair color!  Now that I have blond hair I'm starting to notice that certain things look better than others, and the things that looked amazing when I had dark hair... don't work so well.  Its a trial and error thing, but hopefully we get some great looks out of the process!
The final product in natural light.  I kind of makes my eyes the focus!  I like it!  Probably not my favorite everyday look, but I think I'll do this look again!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love purple eyeshadow...probably because I have green eyes and purple is the best colour for green.

nicoletta said...

Hello you, guess what? You have won this weeks surprise surprise giveaway please email me your address hun so i can send you your surprise xx

W. Rinkles said...

Really one thing I want to say that your eyes make up is looking very wonderful. I want to praise it from my heart.