Friday, January 14, 2011

Clay Mud Mask

My skin has been doing great lately, but I was bored and decided to make up a mud mask.  I used a couple different types of clay to make this one up, along with some oils and bay leaves.

First of all I started out by boiling down about 5 Bay Leaves in some water.  I let them steep for about 5 mins and then turned the burner off.

In a bowl I mixed some French Green Clay and some Pink Kaolin Clay.  Next I added a little bit of Cranberry Seed Oil, Orchid Extract, and Tea Tree Oil.  I mixed these well together to make a gummy kind of paste.  Added some of the Bay Leaf Water, realized I'd diluted it a little too much and added some more French Green Clay.

I applied this with a brush and let it dry for 15 mins.  I washed off with warm water and let it dry.  I have to say, this really dried my skin up!  No oily residue what so ever.  It left it a little dryer than I'd like, so I think this would be a great mask for someone with oily skin.  The biggest difference I noticed was in the texture of my skin.  It felt so incredibly smooth!  Even this morning when I woke up I still noticed how smooth my face was.  I think that's pretty great!  Now all I need to do is find a great moisturizer that doesn't make my skin break out and this will be right on the money!. 

I did get made fun of for putting this on.  My little "old" partner out here told me I should go hide in my bedroom because I looked retarded.  But I wore my mud mask loud and proud!  Anyways, I love mud masks, and I bet with a little formulation I'll have this mask down to a science for my skin in no time at all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I love the information you provide here and can't wait to
take a look when I get home. I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not
even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, awesome site!


Feel free to surf to my web page Veluminous Skin Care Formula